The unprecedented move follows a litany of shocking revelations contained in an inspection report into the North Dublin Muslim School in Cabra, which is housed in the former School for the Deaf.
Education Minister Batt O'Keeffe last night said the standards of management, teaching and learning at the school were "unacceptable" and that child protection policies were "inadequate".
The report -- seen by the Irish Independent -- will be officially published tomorrow. It reveals:
- Taxpayers' money given to the school in the form of grants since it opened in 2001 is unaccounted for;
- The quality of teaching of English, Irish and maths is "poor" or "very poor", with teacher morale "very poor";
- Sanitary facilities are "inadequate;
- The school is in breach of several pieces of legislation;
- The school refuses to implement the music curriculum.